Monday, October 13, 2008

First Time for Everything

This is my first time using a blog. I mostly want to use this to create a journal of events for milestones in my kids lives. Right now I've got two wonderful boys, Will and Jack. Will is now 2 and will turn 3 in just 4 months! Ahhh! That's crazy to me. Jack is now 3 and 1/2 months. Their wonderful dad is Randy and he's a law student at University of Houston. He's got 1 year and 7 months to go (but who's counting?). We have been married for almost 5 years. December 27 will be our 5 year anniversary.

Now for some fun stuff. Will is so funny. He likes to do and say the same things over and over and over and over again. Like every morning, he'll wake up and go knock or bang on his door. (He can't open doors yet, thankfully.) Then, when Randy or I go and open it, we usually ask, "Did you sleep good?" and his reply is always, "Yeah, I slept good in my bed." He'll say it in a whispered tone. Every morning it's the same thing. Even if we don't ask how he slept, he'll still say the same thing. Also, when he gets ready for his nap in the afternoon, he will go and stand by the door and will say, "Ready, Get Set, GO!" and run and pick out a book. Then, he throws it to me and we read it. He likes his routines.

Jack is so sweet. He loves seeing himself in the mirror. We'll go and hold him in front of it and he'll see his little reflection and immediately he has this huge grin and his little eyes get all squinty. It's so cute. He can say gee and gaw and goo. He likes to lay on the floor and discover new sounds he can make. He'll also make little bubbles with his mouth. If he would only sleep through the night and be happy while he was in the car, then he would be absolutely perfect. We think he's pretty close to being that way anyway.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Hopefully, now that I've created this blog, I will do a better job of keeping track of fun and important stuff going on in my kids' lives. Getting out those baby books seems to be beyond me sometimes. Shame on me!

No comments: