Randy and I went to the Inaugural College Football Game at the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX. The whole time I was getting ready to go, I just kept thinking, "Don't let it be like TCU last year." We got blown out so bad at that game. I wanted our team to "show up" and play well. I figured we'd probably lose, but I wanted to at least look good.
As we were walking towards this massive stadium, all you could see was a sea of red with occasional dots of blue. We had one OU fan say, "Good luck" as we walked past. Seemed like he wanted to add "cause you're gonna need it." We felt like that was probably true.
The BYU fans, who weren't few, but totally outnumbered, were so pumped up. Like an hour before the game started we were already yelling and cheering a lot. Then, the game started and we continued to do a lot of cheering. It was so awesome. We didn't let them even have a first down.
At the end when we were about to win, I was like in total shock. I was thinking, "We could still lose, right?" "OU has time to still score." But they didn't! We won. When I look at the highlights of the game, they show Max Hall and you can see the shock in his face. That's exactly how I felt. But it was an awesome feeling! I was so tired at the end of the game. It was like 4 hours of constant cheering.
I'm so glad that I can say that I was at that game!
No comments:
Post a Comment