Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jack's ONE!!!


Happy Birthday to our Jack Attack!

I can't believe it. He has grown up so fast. It's totally bittersweet. He is walking a lot more now. He can take up to 10 steps. He's getting good at checking himself, rather than just falling down. We will clap when he's done walking, and he can clap now, too. He can also wave. He waves bye bye to Dad as he leaves for work. Sometimes he'll wave later if we're by the front window.

We had our first experience of taking a child to the emergency room. Of course it was Jack Attack that caused us to go. His name used to be just a cute pet name, but now it's reality. Anyway, he was pushing a chair around in the kitchen and walking with it. The chair got stuck in the grout between the tiles and he fell down and the chair fell on him. It cut open his mouth (of course where he was also cutting a new tooth). They couldn't do anything for him and he seemed to heal pretty fast.

I have a video I did of him this morning. I only had 8 seconds of memory left on my camera, and he totally did what I wanted him to do in that time period. I like how he closes his eyes and also laughs in the middle. Enjoy!

No comments: