Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Itchy Chips and Scary Cheese Girls


Will has had some interesting events occur with food lately. I gave him some spicy Doritos rather than the regular nacho cheese kind. He told me that those chips make him all itchy. I think that's a cute way to describe how something is spicy to him.

Another time we gave him some string cheese. We told him he needed to eat it all gone before he could have his Lucky Charms (he earns those after he uses the potty...although he only eats the marshmallows and not the "oats"). Anyway, he was putting too many pieces of string cheese in his mouth at once and started to gag. He pulled it out, and after thinking about it for a couple seconds, he looked at Randy and me and said, "That piece was angry." I guess he thought the cheese, rather than his gag reflex made that sound.

Here's the traumatic food story. I went to see the Veggie Tales, Pirates Who Don't Do Anything movie with Will at the "red and brown movie theater, with the lights in the floor." Also known as Cinemark. One of the characters just wanted to be lazy and eat these cheese puffs that he found. They called them Cheese Curls in the movie. Then, these cheese curls turned out to be scary little monsters who were trying to eat that lazy guy. They were hopping around trying to run after this guy. They had these big scary teeth and there were tons of them. Will was just scared to death of these things. Mind you, this is a "G" rated movie. He kept telling me, "I just wanna leave now." After we got home and into the next day, he would randomly remember these scary "Cheese Girls" and start tearing up. Poor Will.

One more cute, but not food related story, is that when I tuck Will in his bed at night, as I'm closing the door I'll say I love you. One time I forgot, and he said, "Love you, Mom" after I closed the door. Sure do love him!

No comments: