My brother, Andrew, died in a car accident on Tuesday, December 2. What a tragedy for our family! It has been very difficult. I feel that it was a tender mercy of the Lord that I was able to see him just days earlier at Gran's house on Thanksgiving. I've thought a lot about him and life and death since this has happened. I've come to the conclusion that it was simply his time to go. I don't understand why and I don't think I need to, but I have faith that the Lord knows his sheep and watches over us.
The viewing and the family prayer were difficult. When Thomas starting speaking at his funeral and told stories of his life, the atmosphere changed and everything seemed ok. I am so sad for Taylor, his daughter. I can't imagine what impact this will have on her life. I know that she has a strong and good mother, though, that will take good care of her.
I have such an incredible support system. My very best friends Emily, Angela, and Vanessa were all there and gave me such big hugs and love. What a blessed person I am! There were at least 250 that attended the funeral. What an impact Andrew's life has had on so many people!
I loved my brother! He loved me! I will be able to see him again and give him a big hug!
Halloween
11 years ago
3 comments:
Kayla, I admire your faith. I'm so sorry about your brother. Wish I could be there to give you a big hug.
Thanks, Bonnie. You are very kind.
I'm glad I could be there for you...and as long as it's up to me, I always will be.
Post a Comment